Twitch is a popular game streaming platform that has won over millions of users worldwide. Nowadays, it also offers apps for Windows and Mac OS as well. The latter was released not long ago but comes with many more features than the site does. Let’s get to know about the features a user gets with the app as well as the peculiarities of the Twitch desktop app for macOS in 2020.
The general overview of the available features
The application delivers all the things you get with the web browser version. For instance, you can also use the voice and video calls using the dedicated section of the app. Yet, it stands out from the site by being more convenient and by offering unique features. They are the true reason you should check out this app.
Just like on the website, you may watch other gamers stream such popular games as Fortnite, Dota 2, Overwatch, Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, etc. Subscribe to the channels you like. Since the company belongs to Amazon, you can use Amazon Prime benefits and enjoy a premium experience.
Top 5 extra features you get with the app
The developers took the software to the next level by adding features you can’t get using the site. The app offers different perks including:
- Probably the biggest feature of the desktop app is the Dark Mode. Just like the popularity of Dark Mode on iPhone devices, social media like Instagram, Pinterest, etc. Twitch also has it here. It’s said to be more comfortable for the eyes, especially if you watch streams at night. The amount of bright light is reduced to a minimum.
- Twitch desktop app also has text and voice rooms. Unlike the website, the application lets you chat with fellow gamers even when the stream is down.
- Moreover, video calls have another cool feature to offer. Using the app on Mac OS, you can call up to 5 friends simultaneously.
- The app offers thousands of add-ons you can install directly in the app. You may enable in-game overlays for extra convenience. This feature will eliminate the need to use the combination of Alt and Tab to manage the calls.
- Finally, the developer also plans to integrate cloud storage in the app, so that you could access the data from different devices as long as you use the same account.
To download Twitch for Mac OS, you need to go to the official site and follow the instructions. Mind that there is also an app for iOS and Apple TV, so be attentive to get the software you need.
Twitch is the world’s biggest game streaming platform. Now you can enjoy it virtually on any device including Apple products that run on Mac OS. What’s more, the recently-released desktop offers even more features that the original site has. They are sure to make your experience better and more exciting. Install the application using the link from the official site or the App Store and enjoy the new features.